Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas


Wow!  I am not feeling it this year.  Usually I like decorating and look forward to it.  The Ex did put the lights on the house and they look awesome.  I have 2 Christmas trees that I put up and I collect nativity scenes (so I have about 20 to put out).  I only put the trees up because the girls wanted me to and I only put out my 2 favorite nativities.  I have finished most of my shopping (online!) but I still need to shop for my mom, sister, Dad, Nana, and The Ex's Dad.    If it wasn't for the kids, I probably wouldn't be putting up a tree.  I need to be doing a million things instead of putting up Christmas decorations.  Like, folding laundry:


or mopping sticky kitchen floors or washing dirty baby bodies
or washing my own body (yeah I haven't showered today).  Or make a wholesome dinner (instead of frozen pizza), or working out (I did join Crossfit Regeneration Southwest) or wrap Christmas presents, or clean out the refrigerator or clean my house, or wash my car, or organize my closet.  So, you see Christmas decorations is falling low on the list of priorities.  The interesting thing is, everything I "need" to do is falling low on my list.  Instead of doing what I "need" to do, I have only focused on survival via food for the children (we had french toast for b-fast, chips and pumpkin pie for lunch (I'm not lying) and frozen pizza for dinner, sleep (I slept until 11), washing the dishes (I really can't stand to have dirty dishes), entertainment (Naked and Afraid- the girls LOVE it and Downton Abbey).  So, there you have it:  that's what loser moms do.  We sleep late, make fast meals, and sit around watching TV in day old underwear.  So, instead of looking at Pinterest and feeling bad about your lack of crafting skills and crockpot dinners, read this post and feel better about yourself.  I imagine you quit reading this and think to yourself, "Huh, well I'm not so bad afterall...at least I have good personal hygiene."

No comments:

Post a Comment